Create Online AppointmentPlan Your Appointment Now
How is tooth decay treated?
Tooth decays occur in patients who do not have well oral care and due to bacterial plaque and food remnants. Carbohydrate dominant nutrition, saliva fluidity, familial factors and oral care are the factors in tooth decay formation.
What could be done in order to prevent tooth decays?
- Teeth should be brushed at least twice properly,
- Dental floss and supportive products should be used,
- Sticky foods should be avoided which will stay in oral cavity for too long,
- Periodic controls and tartar clearance should be done,
- Preventive dentistry should be applied
Tooth decay must be cleared and filling must be applied as soon as possible when diagnosis of tooth decay is made. Untreated decays will cause more severe pain, gingival impairments and decays in neighboring teeth.