Create Online AppointmentPlan Your Appointment Now
Canal treatment is being applied in shorter terms and more efficiently and painlessly thanks to special equipment developed lately such as the profile. Canal treatment which took minimum a couple of sessions lately, can be done in one session with ‘profile’ and postoperative complications almost get to zero. Canal treatments that are done with using profile also offer advantages in time and comfort apart from the postoperative advantages. Because of the fact that canal can be shaped more smoothly and efficiently in canal treatments of ‘profile’, it is possible to clear tissue remnants which may effect the success such as infected remnants and nerves that may stay in the canal, complications that may be caused by infection going out of the dental root to surrounding tissues can be prevented. This technique does not only prevents post operative problems of canal treatment but it also reduces the risk of tool breaking in the canal due to its nickel titanium form and elastic structure. It also shapes the canals filling them fully, thus increasing the treatment success rates and makes it more efficient than classical canal files used before.
Advantages of the profile:
- Clearance of the canals without leaving any remnants behind
- Finishing the canal treatments in one session
- Prevention of postoperative problems and pain
- Prevention of problems due to tool breakups
- Prevention of damages caused by tissue remnants progressing forward in the root edge
- Possibility to treat teeth with oblique roots
- Possibility to shape the canals in a way to fill the canals more efficiently
Classical methods require long sessions and painful periods while profile offers one session and painless treatments. Rates of unsuccessful treatment also got down to minimum in this method. Additional to this method, a special material called ‘rubber dam’ is also used for increasing the treatment success throughout the world which isolates the tooth in the mouth. Prevention of contamination of the area is as important as Clearance of the canals during treatment for success of treatment and reducing the treatment duration. Bacteria in the saliva and surrounding tissues and the teeth are isolated with rubber dam and the environment for the canal treatment is acquired easily and efficiently. This is also seen as one of the most important factors in treatment success.
Advantages of Rubber Dam application:
- Prevention of penetration of the microorganisms in the oral flora.
- Elimination of negative effects of remnants coming from saliva and other surrounding tissues to the treatment of the tooth.
- Maintaining a dry environment necessary for area of operation
- Increasing success rates
- Disinfection of area of operation
- Controlling the equipment which could be aspirated by patient during the treatment
- Preventing accumulation of fluid in the mouth and making it more comfortable for patients
Apart from techniques used in this canal shaping, filling the canals efficiently and fully is also very important. Therefore, canal filling substances and its technique are important. In our clinic, lateral condensation technique is being used which lets the gutha fill the canals which is a filling substance by using special tools called spreader. Canals that are filled in a way to prevent leaking makes it a more successful treatment by preventing problems that will occur as a result of leaks from oral environment or dental root edge.
Advantages of canal filling application by Thermafil technique:
- Ability to fill the canals without leakage from the root edge or oral environment.
- Prevention of nutrition and viability of microorganisms that may stay in the canal and increasing the postoperative success.
- Removing the causes of failure that may come up after canal treatment.
What should be cared in post treatment teeth is that treatment should be made right and properly in supra canal restoration. Most of the teeth that require canal treatment may get broken during mastication due to excessive loss of substance and this may lead to loss of tooth despite canal treatment. In case of restoration of excessive substance loss or insufficient support tissue, keeping these teeth may be possible when adequate hygiene is provided. Considering all these advantages, the fact that keeping a tooth in the mouth is very important other teeth and surrounding tissues, treatment duration, protecting surrounding tissues, cheaper costs and more importantly it being more healthy, a well made canal treatment is still one of the most important treatment techniques in today’s dentistry.